It is reasonably easy to misapply a baling machine or place it an area that does not benefit the customer. Your local dealer or NEXGEN Regional Sales Manager will help guide you through the selection and location process to assure you are getting the best choice of equipment, layout, and to fit within your budget requirements. The process of gathering all the pertinent information is very important. The following is a list of basic questions that need to be answered before the right model and location for your application can be determined:
- What do you plan to bale?
- What is the largest size of the majority of the material?
- How much material will be baled at the busiest hour?
- How will the baler be fed?
- How will the bales be stored?
- What is the shipping method?
- Is there a maximum weight to achieve on the shipping conveyance?
- Will the bales be tied manually or automatically?
- What language will be used in operating and servicing baler?
- Is a telephone line nearby?
By answering the above, you have given the information necessary to offer a few baler choices or ideas. Now the infrastructure to support the recommendation needs to be considered:
- Is there adequate room for the baler? Considering the space required for the baler is only a small part of the total space required. What about room for the feeding apparatus (conveyor, air system, cart dumper or loader)? Is there room to eject and handle the bales?
- Check ceiling height as well as width and length of the space.
- Is there adequate door height to bring the unit into the building?
- Will the floor support the weight of the recommended equipment?
- What is the available voltage and can the machine can be started across-the-line?
- Will the location of the equipment be close to where the material is generated and/or shipped?